Before going to the parlor for the all important monthly beauty ritual, the facial, you need to find out which kind suits your skin.
There’s no denying that each woman loves a day at the salon. There’s no better solution to pamper yourself and acquire some much needed relaxation than to book an appointment for a facial. A facial has benefits which are aesthetic along with psychological. Not merely does it improve the look of your skin, additionally it takes that back breaking stress off your shoulders.
Beauty expert Shahnaz Husain advises, “The skin type should be kept in mind while selecting a facial. The beauty therapist analyzes the skin and suggests the treatment that’s suitable for a particular skin type — oily, dry or combination.”
What’s your skin type?
- Normal to dry skin(Duration: 1 hour):-
For a woman with a normal skin type, a facial massage is provided by using nourishing creams. Moisturizers are also used. Husain suggests, “If you have normal or dry skin, ideally opt for the classic facial or a plant stem facial.”
Classic facial: The classic salon facial includes cleansing, toning and massage, mask and protection coverage. All the areas of the face and the neck are treated according to specific needs. This facial is done following a specific direction and movement of the fingers. Different strokes and pressures are applied to various areas.
2. Plant stem cell facial(Duration: 1 hour):-
This facial helps rejuvenate the skin and makes it look younger. The plant cells are introduced into the skin through external cosmetic care. They help the skin at the cellular level and activate the process of repair and replacement of dead and damaged skin cells. The facial stimulates the cellular regeneration process in the skin, reducing the signs of ageing. This facial comprises an exfoliator, cream, mask, serum and an under-eye gel.
3. Normal to oily skin(Duration: 1 hour):-
“For those with oily skin, a facial massage with creams or moisturizers is not advised,” says Husain. The facial treatment for oily skin includes deep cleansing with exfoliation, toning, mask and protection. The masks and other procedures help remove excess oils, shrink the pores and make the skin soft and translucent.
Pearl facial: This facial is ideal for those with an oily skin. It helps remove tan and brightens the skin. Deep cleansing is done next, to refine the skin. This is followed by a light facial massage with pearl cream and application of a pearl mask. It helps retain moisture and revitalizes the skin. This facial ensures natural lightening of the skin, giving fair and radiant skin with an even color tone.
- Silver facial(Duration: 40 minutes to 1 hour):-
This facial is done to detoxify and purify your skin. The silver facial consists of a glow scrub, gel, cream and pack that offers dull skin an instant lift. This facial not only restores the natural pH balance of your skin, but also clears the pores and deep cleans to prevent the formation of blackheads. Dr Shobha Sehgal, beauty head, says, “The silver facial revives your skin by giving it the right amount of moisture, and evens out your tone, leaving your skin evidently supple and charming.
5. Combination skin(Duration: 45 minutes to 1 hour):-
Combination skin needs to be treated carefully, since the face has both dry and oily tissues. After cleansing, the dry area of the skin is massaged and the face is toned with a cold compress, using a rose-based skin tonic.
Platinum facial: The platinum facial is said to recharge and energize your skin. It influences the skin at the cellular level and helps to ensure the strength of its supportive tissues. It maintains the desired moisture level. It has powerful anti-oxidant effects which protect the skin’s youthful properties and impart radiance.
6. Gem therapy(Duration: 1 hour):-
Gemstone facial therapy utilizes the natural energy of gemstones and helps correct physical, mental and spiritual imbalances. This facial is based on the properties of different types of gems. These stones work as a detoxification and exfoliating aid and slow down the ageing process. The key ingredients contain ash from gems like emerald, ruby and sapphire. The facial restores the ideal skin balance, keeps the skin free from blemishes and helps in the process of cell renewal. The gemstone is ground to a micro-fine powder and applied using vitamin-rich oils and aromatherapy essences that relax the body, and improve skin tone and texture.
Benefits of a facial:-
1.Professional exfoliating and toning are element of a facial, and hence protect and preserve youthfulness.
2. A facial delays the signs of ageing, fine lines and wrinkles and keeps the skin soft and supple.
3. Both, the skin and muscles, are toned, which preserves firmness and elasticity.
4. It induces relaxation and helps reduce stress and fatigue.
5. Improves blood circulation, strengthens the supportive tissues and improves the skin’s resilience.
6. A facial also helps in lymphatic drainage, which flushes out toxins from your system and purifies the skin.
Keep in mind:-
- You can go for a facial every 4 to 6 weeks and clean-up every fortnight.
- Make sure your facial regime includes cleansing, exfoliation, black head removal, mask, steaming and moisturization.
- Ensure that the face and the neck area is massaged thoroughly. The massage should be gentle and not harsh.
- Skin specialist Dr Jaishree Sharad advises, “If your skin is dry, then ensure that a hydrating ingredient is a part of your facial mixture. For those with oily skin, make sure alpha hydroxyl acid or beta hydroxyl acid is used which help to reduce excess oil flow. Those with sensitive skin should stay away from fragrance-based ingredients which can lead to eruptions.”